Monday, March 12, 2007

Let's get this show on the road

First of all I feel sad for Regis Philbin and his heart problem, he is a nice guy. We went to his show a few years ago and talked with him. real down to earth guy.

Second, I look forward to the day when I will be able to say that the wait time for Lucy is less than a year. It really stinks that for the past 7 months, when people ask when we are going to China we always say "it is still at least a year away." I want to think that every day is a day closer but it seems like time is standing still.

For the record, if one more person says the long wait time "Is happening for a reason" I will scream, outloud and right at them. I think that expression is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Things do not happen for a reason, they just happen. if everything in life were predetermined than why do we wear seatbelts? if we are meant to get in an accident and hit our head anyways, whether we wear our seatbelt or not. why do we brush our teeth? If are teeth were going to fall out, whether we did or not. Why do we lock our house at night? If our house was going to broken in anyways. Like it was fated to happen. silly. but when it comes to the wait for Lucy that thought process is not silly it is very irritating to me. as you can tell.

I am ready for a vacation. YEA! Italy here we come. very soon.

What is nice is that today a fellow adoptee mother came into where I work and I got a chance to talk with her and try and talk to her baby. Well actually she is 5 yrs old. very small though the size of a 2 year old. It was a nice break in the day. She gave me her website so that has been fun to look at. The little girl was so shy she would not look at me. She did look at my co-worker though, I thought it was because she had given her a lollipop but my other co-worker informed me it was because I am not a mother and my other co-worker is. ... nice huh?

I am constantly surprised by the things people say to me. Until then I will keep counting to 10 and getting ready for meatballs, canolis pasta all the good things to come.
ciao!

No comments: