Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Our month so far

Well. August has really flown by. We have packed a whole lot of stuff so far in August.

First and Second week of the month: Spent a lot of quality time with Jackie and our little Penny. We miss them so much already. I think the minute they left for California we missed them. Penny is amazing with her sign language skills- We taught her a sign for Aunt Tonya. So cute. Saw a lot of the rest of the family too. Our other niece Mia and Penny were very cute together. They look like sisters.

Second to third week of the month: We passed the one year mark with our LID 8/16/07 without Lucy. We miss her still and cannot wait to someday bringing our little one home. I happened to chat with a lady at Home Depot on Sunday. She had three children from China. All waiting children- They were beautiful. In fact, her last daughter they brought home just 2 months ago. She looked like she was very comfortable with her new family. I got a lil' choked up, of course. Jackie sent us flowers, what a surprise! They are beautiful. :)

Third week of the month: Nothing big...oh. We bought a new house (one on right) and sold our house (on left). Yup. In under a week. We always look to see what is out there and found a place that seems to fit what we have been looking for. Our house sold soo fast. 2 days?? I think our heads are still spinning. We are excited though. We will post more pictures soon. Normally, we have a lush green lawn, but no rain. Can you see the size of the tiny rain cloud that we must have had over our yard? Not sure what moving means for Lucy's paperwork but I am sure it will cost something. We expect to close in September.

Third to fourth week of the month: I had a mammogram. They found a mass (according to the doctor something the size of a grape) a few weeks ago. For everyone that may be scared, if I can do it, you can do it. It was uncomfortable, yes, but the relief you feel when it is done and over is worth any embarrassment. They said I am healthy and I do not have to have another one for 6 more years. Do you think we will have Lucy by then??

The rest of the month: PACKING! CLEANING! I am exhausted just thinking about it.

We are putting some pictures to catch everyone up on our tardy blogging this month.

3 comments:

lucy'scousin said...

Yay! Finally!! Not like you guys were busy or anything..hehehehe. You are going to have to send me all the pictures in raw form, so I can download them on my computer! Looks like you guys got some cute ones!!:) Congrats on the good boob and the new house and the LID anniversary and for surviving our visit!! LOVE YOU GUYS!( I did send a video!)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new home. I know you will enjoy it. I know that Lucy is keeping you guys safe until she comes home and causes the damage I know a little Bevacqua will do. We are still up for dinner when you are ready.

Lisa said...

Congrats on the new home! A year down is a good thing when you think about begin a year closer to Lucy. Still hoping for a speed up!