Saturday, January 20, 2007

And....we're off!!!!

Well, we are finally taking peoples advice. Get a new focus. This waiting has been torture. I often dream about meeting Lucy so even if I convince myself during the day not to think about her, she is always in my dreams. The other night in my dream she had such a big smile when I looked at her and said "NI HAO!"

We have decided not to just act like our life has stopped since our LID. As hard as it is- we still have to keep going. So.... we have a lot going on. My mom and I are going to California in February for our annual girls weekend. Joining my lil' sister and Penny (6 mths old now!) in Napa. We have already discussed outlet shopping, maybe a visit to the coast and hopefully some blue skies!! It should be a nice getaway. :)

Then in April........ we are going to ITALY!!! We got amazing tickets prices and are going to stay with John's family. His dad is coming too, thankfully as our interpreter. They are from the region of Calabria. We are going for 13 days, so we also hope to visit several other parts of Italy once we are there. I am very nervous about the trip. This will be the first time I have traveled to a different country( besides Canada ). I guess it is a good thing we got our passports when we did! I am sure we will post more about our upcoming adventures as we know more details. Until then CIAO!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving the kind words. I hope you have fun on your trip, I am jealous!! Also, congrats on the brown envelope!!

lucy'scousin said...

We've already discussed how jealous I am. What world travelers you guys are going to be! Now john, you will have something to plan and do while you are out here with us, ton!

Tonya said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Kevin and I have been talking about taking a trip and Italy was high on the wish list.