Sunday, November 05, 2006

Around the World in 80 days


Well, it has been 8o days since our LID. Wish that we had been around the world and back. Positive note: The time will give us time to SAVE SAVE SAVE for the trip. We still have to get her room done, even agree on color scheme and all of that. We have to brush up on how in the world to take care of a baby; re learn the Chinese language that we started a couple of years ago. So much to do.

The weather is changing and we actually saw snow. Since we started, we successfully made it past spring and summer. We have gone through two full seasons already waiting for our Lucy. Just a few more to go right?

John's sister,Cathy, had her baby shower yesterday. It was nice to see friends (all 60 of them) and all the generous gifts they got her. I brought my camera but was to lazy to take pictures. I was also busy writing down who gave them what gift. Everyone kept saying my baby shower was next. I will believe it when I see it!

Looking forward to my little sisters visit this week from California. I get to see my baby niece for the first time! I hope to shop and relax, possibly sleeping in a few days while I am at it. I do feel bad for leaving everyone at work when it is so busy. I have not had a full week off all year so I guess it is time for it. John has some days off too so it will be fun I hope.

We also have our nine year anniversary this week on the 8th! Yes, we are old and married. It seems hard to believe that we actually ended up married. Whoever thinks they will really marry their best friend. I am so happy he kissed me July 29th, 1994. That was a good day! Next year Lucy will be our 10 year anniversary present. No flowers, no dinners, just LUCY! but I still expect a card. hint hint

That is about it! We are getting ready for a busy week. Hope to pass along some pictures for everyone to enjoy!

2 comments:

lucy'scousin said...

AWWWW... You married your best friend!:)I'm sooo excited to come visit!!YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!(I'm that excited) And Lucy next year! woohooo!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!