Wednesday, November 15, 2006

letting go is hard to do


Well, time flies when you are having fun. One week goes by in a snap. Jackie, Doug and our Penelope left today. :( We had such a great time. Penny made such big strides this week. She will be just like her mommy was when she was little. She had cereal for the first time, she loved to eat. She started kicking, her eyes got big and it was too cute to see her little tongue lapping up any cereal that she could get. She was not above sucking the rest off of her bib either.

She rolled over like a pro. She discovered her tasty little toes. Her hair grew too! Right in front of our eyes. She is going to be a little blondie. Her head was so fuzzy and soft and she smelled so good. Her cousin Mia loved to rub her head. I think all the rubbing stimulated her hair follicles. It was so sad to see them leave us. I will miss them so much. It was fun to go shopping with my sister, we laugh a lot. We found good deals too, that is always fun. Among other things, we found some cute shirts for Lucy and Penny. One had cute pink flying pigs on it. John and I always said we would be able to have a family "when pigs fly". I had to get that shirt. It is perfect.

My mom and I may plan I quick girls weekend this winter to see them again in California. I think we will need to in order to not suffer too much withdrawal. I hope it works out. We shall see.

It will be so fun to have all of our families together and have the kids play with one another, and have grandma and grandpa babysit while we SHOP! Looking forward to those days.
Until then, back to work for everyone tomorrow. boo hoo. I was happy to have the time off. It was totally worth it. Miss you Jay!

1 comment:

lucy'scousin said...

we're finally home!john, I didn't know you took a pic of us hugging goodbye that totally made me cry! we had such a good time....but next time you are coming to visit us!!:)xoxo