Monday, December 11, 2006

phew!!

Well, John definitely has a bulging disc resting on his spinal nerve. The doctor we saw today was kind of a nut but he seems like he has skills so he said no surgery at least for now. He wants to have John take some strong steroids and start some physical therapy. He said the pain could go away in 2 weeks or 8 months. The bulge will usually draw itself back into the spine and hopefully get off that nerve. That was great news for us!! I really think it will get better. I feel bad for the pain he has to deal with now but we are getting good at following doctors directions. In fact, the doctor specifically mentioned "no shoveling ". great. He will really like to follow that one.

My heart will hopefully stop palpitating now. I got a little worked up before the doctor visit. But I ate some almonds and I feel much better. I love almonds so much.

Anyway. That is pretty much it. That was our drama for the day. I am off to eat the pizza my niece and I made last night. I think the germs from her sneezing on it got cooked off. At least I am hoping!

1 comment:

lucy'scousin said...

glad to hear john will only be having 'roid rage instead of full blown surgery! Take it easy john!!