Tuesday, August 26, 2008

one last day in china

so the good ol days of lucy sleeping 12 hrs straight are coming to an end, she kept waking up every hour crying. i think her ear really bothers her and she can not stand a wet diaper at night.

took a short break because she woke up and her routine is:
get her naked sit her on her potty-make her a hot bottle and feed her a fig newton or two-get her in the bath-take her to breakfast.

she is so fiesty. only quiet now around certain strangers. she is a wild women, she has a dimple on her right cheek that you can only see when she is smiling real big or screaming real big

she does not like to have her hands dirty and her bottle has to stand up right

she is really testing us- she does something she should not do and looks right at us and laughs. naughty girl.

ok the fig newton is almost gone better go
we have one last consulate appt today and then get ready for the long flight home tomorrow. yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

thanks for all your comments-they mean a lot and get us laughing.

ps. mia, i can not wait to see you! i really missed you a lot. you will be a great big cousin for lucy and she will learn a lot from you, i got you something special from china that i hope you like. see you tomorrow!!!! love you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are soooooooo happy you are headding home with your naughty girl. You guys will find the right balance with her in due time. just laugh a lot for now to get you through the confusing time. we know you will have a good flight and we will keep our eyes on the sky for you. call me when you hit us soil.....till we meet, cathy

Anonymous said...

I have been watching your blog DAILY ..... it's my new addiction! Lucy is so beautiful, she reminds me alot of my Bella. You have all been truly blessed with eachother! Her personality has certainly come to light with in such a short time.
Have a great flight !!!!!!

- Jackie -

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the constant updates. I can not believe that you are coming home. I feel like I miss Lucy. Like I meet her, feel in love with her, and that you all have been gone for months. I can not wait to see you all. Is Lucy on meds? I used to have TONS of ear infections. I know how she feels. That is most likely why she does not like to be on her back. It really hurts to lay down. Sorry she is giving you a little trouble. It will all work out once you get home. Love you and can't wait.
Kiss Lucy and tell her we love her.
Lydia

Anonymous said...

I'm scared for you and I when Penny gets thrown into the mix. Her favorite thing to do is disobey at the moment and when she does, her smile is brighter than I've ever seen it. We're in trouble!;) So glad you are coming home! yay! love, jay

Anonymous said...

I love your horror stories! (just so you know, us parents have already known most of this stuff was going to happen) The explanations are hilarious from newbies. Can't wait to see our new little girl since we feel like we've known her for a long time already. have a great flight home and know we love you guys.
see ya,
Joe & family

Anonymous said...

Hi me again, just a reminder, try to give lucy a decongestant regularly when flying or you and she will be cranky. that will help with the pain in her ears esp. in lift off and landings. Here's to a good flight. Cant wait to meet you Lucy Blue...cathy

steviestephandmialarue said...

Hi Ton..miss you too. Me and daddy made big signs for the airport for ya. You might not "necarize" me with my loosed tooth gap. I'm gonna meet my kindergarten teacher at 5:00 the day you come home and then Lucy Blue!! I have presents for you too. See you later alligator. Love Mia

steviestephandmialarue said...

We will be so glad to see you all at home!Mia has been counting down the days, she's so excited. Fiesty girl who screams and smiles big...sounds all too familiar.. Like a sometimes naughty girl around here =) Love you guys, have a good trip home. Steve and Steph

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, she sounds like Olivia when she was younger! there was only one name I could think of to describe her: naughty kitten - naughty, disobedient but so stinkin' cute that you couldn't help but smile, try not to laugh and try even harder to discipline. You'll have lots of help from us to help you thru it, be firm with "no" and yet gentle - you're new to her so she's def going to test her limits with you, it's how she'll figure out what she can & cannot do in her new surroundings.

Can't wait to see all 3 of you tomorrow!!! hugs & kisses all around, Maria