Monday, August 18, 2008

Stinky baby

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for your comments=they have made us laugh and cry :)

We love our Lucy to pieces. We can not wait to have everybody meet her because the pics do not really show her ultimate cuteness. She loves both of us already. She has already started to cling to me like a monkey, She does not even want me to put her on my lap. She wants to wrap her arms around me and be held. However, I did make a smooth transfer over to her daddy now as she sleeps. The crib thing is going to be "fun" with her ;) We are giving her all the love and attention that she did not have over her 20 months. Poor little baby, She has soaked up everybit of our kisses and tickles.

You can tell that she did not get the love she needed. Her head has some bug bites and a nice size bump and boil of somesort. Her hair is like missing in some spots too and it had not been cleaned if ever. Thus the stinky baby. She can not walk real well. However, she did come to me like frankenstein when I held out my arms. We also think she has an upper respritory (sp) and maybe an ear infection. lots of snurgs. We started her on the antibiotics and the guide thought that was a good idea. She may go to a clinic to get her ears looked at and chest listened too.

We got her food and sleeping schedule. We did feed her some sweet potatoes that she LOVED! Cath- add that to the list:) I wish we brought more for her. It appears as if she never was spoon fed. She kept biting the spoon but we figured it out. Due to her palate she does not suck the bottle. She like chews on it and the milk comes out. She drank that bottle down so fast.

We had many appts today. Walked up lots of stairs and past many people. The streets we some dirt streets and the sewer lines and water lines we being worked on so we had to walk on planks at times to get to the other side of the road. The road crew does not involve any backhoes or diggers but lots of hard working men with shovels deep in the ground. They all would stop working and look at us as we passed them. It is also HOT!

She is a snuggler, delicate has long eyelashes and loves to eat. You will all just love her so much. She will probably be shy at first and just look at you with her big brown eyes. You can see your reflection in her eyes they are so dark. She follows John with her eyes all around the room-she is so curious about what he is up to. Probably because he likes to feed her puffs,

We wish we could upload the videos but the computer will not accept them, that is a bummer.You could all see the action up close and personal.

Ok better go and sleep, you never know when she is going to wake up and cling.

:) Love
Ton John and LUCY

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are SO SO SO SO happy. This is so exciting and wonderful. We are so happy for you three and we CAN NOT wait to see Lucy in person. We can not be any happier right now. Congrats and come home safe so I can squeeze Lucy. Aunt Lydia

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all of you! I couldn't be happier for you. What a great gift you've given Lucy. Your rewards are boundless when you become a parent. I'm nearly speachless I'm so thrilled for you. Safe journey home. Cannot wait to meet her. Enjoy the hugs and kisses, you truly deserve them. Thanks so much for sharing such a beautiful journey.
Kristen

lucy'scousin said...

She sounds perfect! Glad you have a snuggler! You don't know how bummed I am about the videos not uploading, so post more pictures when you can please!:)

steviestephandmialarue said...

Sweet girl! We can't stop looking at the pics..hardly know what to say! We can not wait until you are all home.
Mia Says "I Love you Lucy goose"(she just keeps pressing play on the pictures and grinning)She keeps saying "Lucy got her mommyanddaddy". And now she will have all the love she needs. So exciting! Love Stevie Steph and Mia

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you this morning (well, night time where you are!) So glad to hear that Lucy is just soaking you & John in, can't wait to have all of you home, get her all healthy and fattened up. You've never sounded happier, which makes all of our hearts happy too. Thanks for the blogs, its our window to your world. Take care, love all 3 of you,

Aunt Maria

Anonymous said...

You can just tell from pictures how Lucy loves you already and trusts you. It is so cute. I can not stop watching the video. I keep refreshing the blog but than realize that it is 10 pm for you. I can not wait to see you on the 28th!!!
Lydia

Anonymous said...

Tears of happiness! Oh my gosh! It's so wonderful. I called Grandma T and read your words to her and she is so excited and pleased, we all are and we can't wait to meet our Lucy Bevacqua!
We love you all.
Aunt Joanie & Uncle Ray

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited and happy for you all. I love the picture of Mom and Lucy sleeping --pure love. Before you know it Lucy and Dad will be racing to the pink chair.
Have a safe trip.
Anne B

Anonymous said...

I am in love! Again! Always with the girls, no nephews for Brian. I can't wait to see her in person. I am just totally in love.

Butt cram and EM

Anonymous said...

Tonya,
Wonderful news to start off our day here at PFCU, we love your blog, it's just wonderful to see the pics and to get the scoop, keep it coming! Congratulations on the gotcha day, I'm just thrilled for you, John Mark & Lucy! Donna

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Lucy!!!

Lydia

PS: Sorry, I already wrote this but I pasted it on to the wrong blog. I figure that Lucy is just getting up now (because you called and said she was not up yet). Her first night with her wonderful parents that she can not get enough of. Sh loves you and so do we. we love her so much.

Anonymous said...

We love you Lucy. Welcome to your new big family. We are all here holding our breaths till we get to rub your fuzzy head and kiss you. You are really a special little girl who made your parents the happiest people on earth. We love you and will see you soon......aunt cathy.

Unknown said...

We are happy to see that things are going well. For John, Robert wants to make sure you have not lost his rocks.

Have you tried Google video to upload your video to.

Tracy and Jeremy

lucy'scousin said...

I keep laughing at Lucy following john all around the room with her eyes...wonder what she is thinking!:) I've read your blog like 299 times in the last day so I'm in serious need of a new entry! Stop having fun as a family and fill my need for updates, will ya!?;) Only kinda kidding...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations----she's adorable! When can she join the school?????

All our love,
Ted, Woody, Tat, and Kat the Composer

Anonymous said...

Ok so we are checking your block every hour if not more...thanks for all the pic's and updates. I don't want to be far away from my computer just in case you guys post something. I think Cathy and I are keeping "Kleenex" in business. Give Lucy hugs & kisses from us. Love you guys, TomBeck&Sierra